So with recent Mercurial 1.7 releases HTTPS support was tightened, so you are bound to encounter a warning in the form of:
warning: bitbucket.org certificate not verified (check web.cacerts config setting).
Now, on http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/CACertificates there are details on what to configure for certain operating systems. Given I use FreeBSD, I altered my
$HOME/.hgrc as follows:
cacerts = /etc/ssl/cert.pem
For OpenBSD this should be in the same place since release 3.8. But apparently NetBSD does not have such a file in base.
Marc Balmer (of the OpenBSD Project) investigated reports of weird filesystem behaviour and found a 25-year old bug in the BSD libc implementation of readdir().
The fix should be in the trunk of all BSDs now and scheduled for merges or backports soon (e.g. see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/gen/readdir.c revision 1.15’s diff).
I found out yesterday on IRC that there was a rumour floating around that itojun had passed away. We finally found a Japanese text online by the younger brother (おとうと) stating that he has passed away. Undeadly also has more about it.
I want to use this space to express my wishes of support towards his family that he leaves behind.
Was converting files to proper ANSI C function declarations and a user tripped over the fact that old 4.4 BSD’s function prototype of
int as a parameter, whereas it has been
mode_t for a long, long time (read 1994 at least).
This broke buildworld of course.
Also asked Dima Dorfman to fix this for FreeBSD (broken in 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x).
NetBSD is fixed (as was to be expected to be honest).
And OpenBSD made the parameter
int everywhere with a
XXX comment in the
strmode.c file that it should be
mode_t actually. Weird.
I use MathML. Why? Because it just makes sense for mathematics on the websites.
On my DragonFly I had to do the following:
Installed X.org 6.8.1 or .2. Enable xfs (the X font server) by adding
From ports install
Extract http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/bakoma/texcm-ttf.zip to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF.
Extract from http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/windows/general/latestfonts.html the 4.1 TrueType fonts to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF.
In /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF do:
# ttmkfdir > fonts.scale
This will update fonts.scale and fonts.dir, check them with cat or more to see if they contain references to the extracted new .ttf files.
Change /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config to have /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/urwfonts-ttf added to catalogue.
Also add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/urwfonts-ttf as a FontPath to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
# xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/urwfonts-ttf
# xset fp rehash
Edited $HOME/.fonts.conf and added:
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<edit name="family" mode="append" binding="strong">
<string>Standard Symbols L</string>
user_pref("font.mathfont-family", "Math1, Math2, Math4");
There seem to be some bugs still, at least in displaying the W3C test suite.